The Wanda Fanshaw Fund was established in honor of the late Charles “Al” Fanshaw, former Georgia missionary, who passed away February 27, 2004 in Conway, S.C. Mr. Fanshaw was appointed by the Home Mission Board (now the North American Mission Board) to serve in Cave Spring as a missionary to the deaf from 1964-1975. Previously, he had served as minister to the deaf at Morningside Baptist Church in Savannah.
A graduate of Golden Gate Seminary, Fanshaw was preceded in death by his wife, Wanda. The Wanda Fanshaw Scholarship Fund, established in her honor, has benefited deaf Georgia Baptist church members in pursuit of their education.
Guidelines for Wanda Fanshaw Memorial Fund Scholarships
- Must be deaf or hearing impaired.
- Must be a resident of Georgia for more than six months.
- Available for deaf students. Preference is for a person receiving training for Christian service – pastor, missionary, religious education, or church-related work.
- Must have a need for scholarship aid.
- Must be enrolled full-time or part-time.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited school.
- Must be a Southern Baptist.
- Must be involved in a local church.
– OR –
Complete the online application below: